Sunday, February 27, 2011

Western Adventures

After a couple sick days and a good dose of anti-biotics, we had the best trip out to Utah last week! Lincoln had a paper chain countdown going from 30 days out, so he was pretty excited to get on a plane. We were greeted by some of his favorite people...




Thank goodness for Skype, because it had been six months since we saw Grandma and Papa last. They drove their fairly new RV down, and that is where we lived for the week. This RV is huge! We did lots of activities in the RV like...


making brownies



working on the computer






eating Grandma's famous raspberry jelly and much more.








Besides seeing Grandma and Papa, we finally got to meet our niece Mya.





She is such a cute, happy baby with the best cheeks for kissing! Lincoln right away warmed up to her and shared some of his cars. She gladly accepted a red car, and immediately put it in her mouth. We also spent lots of time with Mya's parents.





Barry and Dave got caught up on playing video games, while Amy and I got a little shopping done.




Lincoln got to see three other uncles. Brent and Andy flew in from Arizona the same night we got in and had breakfast with us the next morning, before flying back to Oregon. Reed and his girlfriend Chelsea came down to Provo for a fun time at Chuckie Cheese, and we got to eat dinner with them in Salt Lake. If only I were better at remembering my camera, I could prove that we got to see these uncles.

We also got to see some of Dave's "brothers from other mothers" (sorry I couldn't help it, Reed uses that expression all the time). Lucky for us, Jeff's family just moved to Utah, so we got to hang out with them a few times. Will amazes me with how well he speaks! My favorite thing he said was, "Sue, these crackers are delectable."





Lincoln and Will played together really well.




Jen is pregnant, four weeks ahead of me, so I imagine the next babies will also be good buddies.




Again, lucky for us Corey transferred law schools last year, so we were able to see him too. Lincoln got really comfortable with Corey. Our last night, Lincoln had fun tickling his legs, ground and pounding his tummy, and massaging his back.




Corey invited the guys over to his parents for a fun afternoon that included this 4 wheeler. It was so muddy that Dave flipped it over while his dad was on the back. Thank goodness they weren't hurt and that I wasn't there to see it!








We caught up with the Balls at Cafe Rio and Mi Ranchito. I guess both of our families really like Mexican food.




Once again, if only I remembered my camera, I would have pictures or me and my good friend Deanne. She braved Chuckie Cheese with us down in Provo and I got some without-Lincoln time with her one night.

Lincoln was not a happy camper to be going back home. As soon as we got in the car for our drive back to the house, he kept asking to go to the airport. We didn't get adjusted to our house before we left again. I had an ultrasound the next day, so we were able to spend time with my parents. I am happy to report that the baby is healthy and the measurements are all where they should be. Dr. L sealed the gender in an envelope for Dave, but I want to keep it a surprise. If Dave spills, then I get a present, but if he keeps it a secret, then he gets a present. We are still negotiating what the presents will be. I can enjoy this surprise a lot more now that Dave knows and won't be bugging me with trying to find out the gender. So far, he has done a good job with the secret. We even discussed both boy and girl names tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Wait, what?! Dave knows?! I want a sealed envelope for myself, the suspense is KILLING me! It was SO fun to have you guys here and I found some pictures Barry forgot to put on your disc of Lincoln with Reed, I will email some to you right now so you can prove you got to see him too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not a particularly flattering picture of me, but i'll take what i can get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you fit a lot of time in with friends and family. Sounds like a fabulous trip. I think you look great. Curious if Dave can not give it away....

    ReplyDelete