Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Simplicity

The month of May is always crazy with things wrapping up for the summer, so this will be a simple post!

Dorothy went on a field trip to the Nature museum. She isn't a big fan of reptiles or other wildlife, so I don't think this was her favorite thing.











The museum is right by Dave's office, so we stopped by to say hello...and eat a cookie! He wasn't really upset she made a huge mess, but he did have to shake her out over the trash can.




Our next stop that day was to Lincoln's school for field day. His class won overall for 2nd grade!








We had to pick strawberries at our favorite farm!



My silly one:




My pre-preteen who isn't a fan of pictures. Seriously, look how tall this kid is getting!




My baby who loves babies...she would pick berries and then feed them to baby Vera. Vera's little mouth and short were covered with red berry juice!




We love our little playgroup of church friends!




National no screen week is in May, so we did it. We took lots of trips to parks and met up with friends. One day Lincoln said, "What can I do." I told him that I had already done an activity, so it was his turn to come up with something. Thirty minutes later he and Dorothy are came downstairs to tell me all about the game they made up, jumping over a quilt, and making faces. I didn't really understand, but I was thrilled they used their brains to come with something creative!

Picking honeysuckle:




Building Mario out of legos:




Dorothy was precious as she served me muffins and juice at her preschool. She was so proud of the keychain she made me.




Rachel, Zac, my parents and Cleve's family came over for Mothers Day. The weather was perfect for Dave to cook up yummy BBQ, and for people to play outside.














Dorothy has started PT, OT, and speech therapy. It makes for a busy week, and I'm not even 100% sold she needs it all; however, she is making progress. Her speech is getting better, and she is ALMOST fully potty trained. At the barber shop, she went up to a young man and started patting his leg. I told her she needed to give some personal space and she replied, "but I love him." When I said she didn't even know him, she looked right at him and asked, "What's your name?" Besides being concerned she loves random men, I was excited that this stranger could understand what she was saying!

It's always fun to see how she accessories herself when we take the boys to school!











11 more days of school before I get my boys back for the summer, and then life can get simple again!

No comments:

Post a Comment