Sunday, August 28, 2016

Hawaii

Dave has a client in Hawaii, and had a business trip planned for 10 days. My in-laws were so generous (as usual) to stay with the kids, so I could go out for some of that time. I was mostly excited about the trip, but there was a little lingering nervousness about how Dorothy would do. My fears were put to rest as soon as we picked up Grandma and Papa: Dorothy wanted nothing to do with me! She even wanted grandma to put her to sleep!!

I flew out early Tuesday morning, and was greeted at the hotel room by beautiful rainbow.


Dave was still working, so I did plan on going out exploring, but after a long day of travel, finishing my book in bed was what I ended up doing. I read a whole big girl book in one day! 

That night I had some delicious Korean food for dinner. Dave and I loved all the International food choices we had over there.


Dave had to work on Friday, so I beached it the whole day! The hotel we stayed out was a 10 minute walk to a huge public beach. At first I didn't think I would be able to swim by myself, but the water was super calm and there were lifeguards.


On Saturday, Dave and I headed up to the North Shore to visit some of our favorite spots. First, we had coconut pancakes at the Hukilau Cafe.


Dave was so sad that he couldn't finish his pancakes!


I lived right across from this beach, 11 years ago.


Next, we picked up some Sour Sap and Dragon fruit from a fruit stand.


We always loved the Waimai Falls Reserve when we were at school, so it was fun to visit there again. The water is freezing cold, but after fighting the current, you start to warm up.



Before we headed back to Honolulu, we stopped at a beach, so we could body surf. The waves were so strong in this one spot, we only lasted for a few minutes. It's amazing I'm that time, we ended up covered in sand! We couldn't pass up Ted's bakery. Instead of slices, we bought an entire Chocolate Haupia Cream Pie and ate it over the course of a few days.

We had a short walk to church the next day. The building was beautiful!




We took an evening dip at the beach. Here we are 11 years apart.



Dave had to leave early the next morning for another island, so I was beach bound for as long as I had before I had to fly out.


It was a wonderful, beautiful, fantastic trip, but I was getting anxious to see my babies. I flew in time to see the sun rise in the Queen City.


Lincoln was the first one awake. I asked him if he missed me, and he said, "Well, kinda." When I said, "Will Drake be excited to see me?" He said, "Yeah, but he'll be sad grandma is gone." You know what, that makes me so happy that they felt so loved and comfortable when I was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment