Sunday, May 1, 2016

Spring is here!




This is my most favorite season! The blooming trees and flowers make me giddy. Dorothy also enjoys all the flowers: she must have picked ten before I saw her doing it.



All the kids jump at the chance to help water.



We had a terrible storm one night, so we lost power. It was more light outside than inside, so we had breakfast on the back porch. 


It's amazing that the kids tend to remember and talk about small things like that.

Besides the flowers blooming, I also love being able to spend tons of time outside. The kids enjoyed watermelon and water balloons one afternoon.




Another afternoon, we played with cousins and had icees. This pictures just screams "childhood" to me.


The trampoline has already got lots of use. We even got BB on there!!


Drake's good friend Abby came over for an afternoon.


After playing outside, Dorothy was glad to have someone to play dress up with her.


Update on the kiddos:

I haven't seen Lincoln dress up in costumes much anymore, so it made me smile to see this.


He is growing up so fast! His feet are like man feet and he is already up to my shoulder. He and Dave have been going to Brazilian Jujitsu at least once a week. Lincoln earned his first stripe earlier this month, which means he has shown progress. Dave earned a stripe this weekend. 


He has been reading Harry Potter, loves to draw and is such a creative dude.





Drake has really enjoyed preschool and has earned the name "hot shot." He loves animals and jumping around the house. I have to brace myself when I hear him say, "Oh, come here you." It means he is running to me, getting ready to hug me. I'm pretty sure he has been teaching Bear Bear how to take selfies!


Dorothy is saying more. She says the boys' names, night-night, there it is, poo poo, potty, and mine. Whenever Dave or I get our shoes on or get our keys, she starts shouting, "Me, Me, Me," so she won't get left behind. Even thought she wakes up before 7am, she isn't a morning person. It takes her a little while to not be grumpy! She gets very upset if we give her a drink in a sippy cup. She wants to be just like her brothers and use a regular cup.

She had a fever one morning, which is the only reason she wanted to slept in my arms. 


The days are getting busier with school winding down and end of year activities. As much as I enjoy Spring, I am looking forward to the summer, when our schedules are lighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment