Friday, December 18, 2015

Art Time

Lincoln has an art lesson once a week. It's always teaches some new principle of design and then he gets to do a project. The other 2 usually join him.




 A few weeks ago, he really enjoyed drawing a picture, tracing over with black crayon and then using water color. He liked it so much, he began to make more to sell. He called up family members to pitch his paintings. He sold quite a few for $3 a piece. 





I wish I could say he wanted to spend the money on some grand charitable thing, but is was just used for a new Lego set. I'm proud of this entrepreneur spirit though! He found some money on the kitchen counter and asked if he could have it. I told him no, that my friend just paid me back $4 for something I picked up for her. He then replied, "You should have told her it cost $10." Geez, we may have created a shark!

I think he got his artistic abilities from his dad. The bed he welded for us turned out amazing!


*update 1/11: Lincoln had a call with his teacher. She thanked him for the Batman picture he painted for her for Christmas. His response was, "You owe me 3 dollars." Oh man, we had a serious talk about gifts vs selling. Both Ms. Smith and I had a good laugh though!

No comments:

Post a Comment