Friday, October 2, 2015

There is a 7 year old in my house!

I so, so cannot believe it, but there is a seven year old big boy at the house! Geeze, it's so cliche, but time does fly. We celebrated Lincoln's birthday with a food fight party. There were 21 kids, 2 babies and multiple parents at our house on a very rainy Saturday. It didn't stop the kids from having fun though!





Lincoln is one smart, kind, imaginative child. He is also a fabulous brother. For example, Drake has been scared of aliens and thinks they are around in the dark. He doesn't like to go to the bathroom by himself, because the light is turned off. He asks Lincoln to turn on the lights for him, which he usually does. One day, Drake was particularly scared and asked Lincoln to stay in the bathroom with him. Lincoln did and I overheard this conversation:
After a few minutes, L: Drake are you done yet?
D: Um, I guess so.
L: Ok buddy, you got to flush that down and wash your hands.

You wouldn't have ever seen me waiting In the bathroom when my little brother was going number 2!



School is still going well for Link. We are waking up at 6am every school day to get a good amount of work in before the other 2 wake up.

Drake hasn't been too fond of preschool lately. He tries to make me feel guilty when I drop him off and pick him up. He tells me he had a bad day, because he missed me too much. I was able to go on a field trip with his class to the fire station.  They are all so cute!



Dorothy is still as cute as ever! Her 2 new words are Drake and belly button. She loves to pester Drake and try to mother him. It's not as fun to mess with Lincoln, because he just doesn't care. She also loves to "pound it" and share drinks with me. I daydream about the day I can have my very own cup of something!



No comments:

Post a Comment