Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter/Spring Break

We were thrilled to have my grandma (Giggi) visit us for Easter and Spring Break. She arrived on a very rainy Saturday before Easter. It still amazes me that she drives down all the way from New Jersey!

I was really excited to get a 4 generation picture. I wish I had the one to share when I was a little girl and my Great Grandma Olive is in the picture.


Drake was disappointed he wasn't in the pictures with the girls...you can see I didn't crop him out. After this shot, I made sure to take some pictures with him.

My little brother used to listen to Scripture Scouts ALL the time, when he was younger. They drove me crazy, and I would complain about it ALL the time. Well, you can imagine what the boys love to listen to in the car now. Yep, Scripture Scouts! They have been listening to the New Testament cds, which were so appropriate for this time of year. Drake colored a picture of Jesus and the empty tomb. He was very proud of it, and kept saying tomb, because it was a new word.

We did all the fun stuff at Easter too. We went to an egg hunt at our local park. They separate the kids by age, so that's why Drake isn't in the picture. These cuties are friends from Lincoln's school and from MOPS.





Pinterest is wonderful! We experimented with 3 different egg coloring techniques this year: coloring with crayons, permanent markers and rubbing alcohol, and shaving cream with food coloring. I think my favorite ones were done with crayons. They aren't the most gorgeous eggs, but we had a great time experimenting. Drake colored an egg with orange permanent marker (see below) and he made sure every inch of white was covered with orange. It took him a good 15 minutes, which for him to sit still that long is a marvel!


Some of the eggs are missing in the last picture, because they had already been cracked and made into egg salad for a picnic lunch. The boys, Giggi and I went to the Daniel Stowe Botanical gardens on a gorgeous sunny day. Lincoln kept complaining about all the walking, so it surprised me when he said that his favorite thing about that day was being at the gardens and seeing the water fountains.

Ok, I got ahead of myself. Back to Easter. Just like when I was a kid, the boys went in search of their Easter baskets, hidden in the house. Here they are posing with their baskets and checking out their surprises.




They also went on an egg hunt in our front yard and got to play with their friends next door. 


Papaw entertained the children while dinner was being prepared.


 As usual, I wish I had more pictures to show all we did with Giggi. We went to the Gardens, took her to our Story Time at the library, ate lunch with BB, played at parks, spent lots of time playing outside, read stories, and visited a historical museum. I know what you are thinking...how much fun did the kids have at a historical museum, right? Well, it was Civil War day, so they had people dressed in period clothing, musket shooting demonstrations, marching practice for the kids and quill writing too. Plus each floor of the old hotel had hands-on activities.

Update on the kiddos:

Lincoln is such a sweet, sweet boy. He takes his job of big brother seriously and has now extended his position to any other small child or baby he sees. He entertained a little baby girl at church on Sunday and she was thrilled. He is so imaginative, always creating new characters and imaginary friends. Every person we meet is his friend. I love that he doesn't care how old someone is or what they look like; he is just glad to play with someone. 

Oh Drake, Drake, Drake. He is just a tornado of energy and messes. I feel like I am constantly cleaning up something that he knows he shouldn't have been into. He is so independent and thinks he can usually do something, even though he should have asked for help. His eyebrows are so expressive. They usually scowl at me when I give him an answer he doesn't like. Although his antics are not funny to me at the time, I go to bed laughing and telling Dave about it all. He still loves his Bear Bear and has to go to sleep with him at night. 

Dorothy is such a love! She is giggling now, smiles all the time and is just happy to be here. The boys never did well in a stroller or a bouncy chair or anywhere besides my arms. She is content to just be on a blanket on the floor, looking at the fan. Her brothers entertain her just by playing together. She still has blue, blue eyes. I just love this baby girl so much!!


 Aunt Kim made her this beautiful blanket.


He would be embarrassed, but I also have to mention that Dave got a promotion at work. He really enjoys working at PG: he works very hard for this company and puts in lots of late nights, so I am glad to see him rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment