Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Turkey Day

My parents started going to the beach during Thanksgiving, since we don't have a ton of family close by.  This was our second year to join them, and the second year the boys were sick! I can't complain, because this is the first sickness since last winter. Lincoln was still getting over a cough, and Drake came down with the cold while we were there.

We went to Hilton Head, and stayed at a tiny place that was a little bit of a hike to get to the beach. When it was warm enough, we flew kites, played in the sand, and rode bikes on the beach. The boys thought it was great to both ride in the trailer behind Dave's bike. Dave's leg muscles didn't think it was so great the next day! I really wanted a nice picture of the boys for our Christmas cards. I mostly got these kind of shots though.



We found a bike without training wheels at a garage sale and were so excited to teach Lincoln how to ride a bike. He didn't really catch on, but he kept trying!



Mom and Dad were kind enough to let Dave and me go see a movie, Catching Fire. We figured it would be our last date for a while, since the countdown is at 5 1/2 weeks! Baby girl is still nameless though.

I'm worried about how Drake will handle the transition to baby girl. When we talk about her he will say things like, "NO, NO baby." He has also been pushing and hitting little girls, once at the library and a couple times at church. Here are some other phrases we hear multiple times a day from the little monster:

"I do it all myself"
"I fix it with my tools"
"Can I be a firefighter"
"Can we go see Mickey Mouse"
"Can I go on a rocket ship"
"Can I ride a helicopter"

Sometimes I do hear, "I wove you too much, Mommy." I think that's a good thing though.



No comments:

Post a Comment