Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lincoln turns 5

It really doesn't seem possible for me to have a 5 year old. I guess I will feel that way about every birthday my eldest child has. He was a lucky boy this year, because his preschool class went to the fire station on his birthday. Drake and I got to join him. The fire men were so friendly to the kids and even let them climb on their beds! They showed the class all the tools in the firetruck. One man was telling about this special tool that could make their mommies cars into convertables because it was so strong and can cut cars, and Lincoln said, "That's the jaws of life." What?? I asked him how he knew that and he replied, "Fireman Sam." Thank you Netflix!



After the field trip, he was able to open up the present he had been talking about the entire summer, Rayman Legends. This is a video game sequel to Rayman Origins. He just loves the cute characters and although I am not a fan of him playing video games, it is by far the best motivator for him to make good decisions during the day.

We knew a big party wouldn't happen this year, because of our Disney trip the next week. Instead we had some of his favorite people over for quesadillas, mushrooms, and blue cupcakes (Lincoln's menu planning). Tristan came over with his mom, my parents came down, and Rache was there too!




Lincoln loved the card Grandma and Papa sent him. It had talking pirates on it. Most of the pictures I have of Lincoln this night are of him looking at his card.



Tristan's mom had off work the next day, so we introduced them to Discovery Zone. All the boys had a blast. Drake would run away from me and go straight to the fire pole.  He loves sliding down poles at parks, so this was a favorite. Does he want help, absolutely not! He will tell me "No mamma, I do it all by myself."




No comments:

Post a Comment